Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Murphy's Law

It's just one of those things that seem to happen. This isn't the first time, but I thought I'd write about this one because it's a good example of how one small thing can hold up a lot of work that needs to get done.

When a pool gets plastered it needs to be filled with water immediately. Because of that, the pool safety fencing needs to be in place before a city inspector will give the go ahead on the plaster. I have a natural gas line that will run underground to the side of the house. The trenching for this gas line needs to be done BEFORE any fencing is put up. I have been unable to have my natural gas trench crew dig their trench because the large pile of sand for the stucco got delivered when nobody was around and was dumped right where we were going to dig the trench. Of all the spots they could have chosen to dump the sand, it just so happens to be exactly where we need to dig.

Supposedly the sand cannot be moved because it could be contaminated with dirt and then won't work for stucco. My stucco crew has been short staffed and hasn't gotten around to finishing the house. So we wait..... Maybe I should see it as a nice time to take a break and sit back and just relax and do nothing.



Orange arrow is where trench needs to go.



 
The front yard and all the area that the sand delivery person had to choose from.


jus sayin'

Ok, that's enough moaning from me.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! This is a powerful story for me. Thanks a lot for sharing with us! Roofing Contractor

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions you can also email me directly at

thedustycoyote@gmail.com