Monday, September 12, 2011

The Boys' Room Evolution (desert house)


Now that my boys are 13 and 7 I felt I needed to get rid of some of the "baby" stuff in their room and make it a bit more masculine. Because it's such a tiny room I like the white furniture, but for some reason, I always felt that the white bunk bed was sorta girlie. I've wanted to paint it green or navy blue for a couple of years now, but it's such a pain to paint that bed, that I kept putting it off. I finally did it and added some boy stuff to the walls. I still need to add one more coat of paint. Ugh...Really though, I love the quick, inexpensive changes that a can of paint can accomplish!




 
2006

When they were little. Sigh...



2006


2007 pulling up yucky carpet










installed hardwood floors


2007


September 2011 painting the bunk bed (finally)




first coat

after one day...one and a half coats




The Lego table was a DIY  made of MDF with trim, painted white, and resting on wall brackets and a nightstand.




 Tiny room for two boys

Closet doors are initialed. Each boy has a side
For clothes and toy bins